Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another day, another....5 cents.

Every once in a while I get introspective. It doesn't usually last long, just long enough to piss myself off. And so today I ponder my place in the universe. What the big hairyass fuck am I doing here? And how can I get somewhere else? Warmer, like. Why do our lives cage us in? Obviously, the answer is to just do what needs doing, you know, go with the flow, one day at a time, don't pet the sweaty stuff. Not so simple, hoo boy. What of responsibility? What of dependants? What of obligations??? What if I lose my everlovin' mind?

Really. What's it all about? Why go through the motions of yet another day, sameness after sameness. What is there to look forward to tomorrow? More work? More universal bad manners as yet another incompetent driver cuts me off with a flash of well polished fender and a well polished finger gesture? More, ye gods, work.

I like to think it's just the winter blues. Dig my self out, dig myself back in. Pay atrocious bills to keep warm. Bundle my ass up like frikkin Charlie Brown and stagger through the snow to yet another dreary day full of ill-tempered coworkers. Probably the same folks who polish their gesturing in heavy traffic. Anyone would be depressed.

Is it just me? I don't think so. Our society is heavily flawed. Hell, anyone who's been married can attest to that.

No comments: