Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wow.

Just...wow. I can't believe I've let 4 monthes get past without blogging something. Granted, TV takes up a great deal of my winter time. Obviously, wayy too much of it. I'm sitting here trying to list my reasons for not posting on my blog, (mostly by way of being too busy doing other things), when I chanced to ponder...what things? Like, seriously. What takes up so much of my valuable time??

Sure, I've been spending more time at the gym. Okay. And it takes longer to drive to and from work in winter. Fine. And of course, my hobbies. I've been paying more attention to them lately. I created a Facebook page a few weeks ago and it has taken some time to become accustomed to. Okay. But what else?? And it hit me like a freight train...holy boobtube, Batman. The evil television set has literally sucked half a winter out of me!! Wow. Like, wow.

The scary part is that since I've missed a couple of episodes of my favorite shows, I was sitting here online just about to watch one. I was actually about to spend even more time watching TV...on my computer. Oh, the immense sadness this brings me. I think I've reached rock bottom of the addiction pit.

My sister facebooked me a message asking what about my blog, and I felt guilty enough to log on and sit here looking at the last intallment in shock. Wow. Sure, I've thought about blogging, pretty frequently, in fact. But I keep having other things to do, and I just put it off and put it off and now...wow.

Television has really taken over my life. I need to do something. I need my life back!! What do I do? whatdoidowhatdoidowhatdo...hmm. I know! Turn the damn thing off!! How simple is that?

American Idol. House. Gossip Girl. Lie To Me. CSI. Two Men. Friends. Dexter. etc etc etc...JUST SAY NO!!!

NO NO NO NO NO!! I want my life back, damn you all!

Okay, let's not get all bunched up in my own knotty panties. Let's go about this the proper way, with self control and organization. Obviously, I cannot just go all cold turkey. This is a serious addiction and needs to be dealt with thusly. Baby steps, one day at a time.

Firstly, choose 3 (THREE ONLY!!) favorite TV shows. Just three, do not cheat, you evil conniving witch. Write them down...write them down now, fool. Okay, so, American Idol. House. Dexter.

Now comes the simple part...you can download Dexter and House, or buy the season on DVD. That just leaves American Idol, and it's only on once a week. Piece of cake. The rest of the time, the TV will be OFF.

There will be serious consequences if you fail in your mission. I mean it!

No comments: